In signing up to the Concordat, The University of Leeds is committing to the following responsibilities:
- Raise the visibility of the Concordat and champion its Principles within their organisation at all levels.
- Identify a senior manager champion and associated group with relevant representation from across the organisation with responsibility for annual review and reporting on progress.
- For organisations employing researchers, ensure that they are formally represented in developing and monitoring organisational efforts to implement the Concordat Principles.
- Undertake a gap analysis to compare their policies and practice against the Concordat Principles.
- Draw up and publish an action plan within a year of signing up to the Concordat.
- Set up processes for systematically and regularly gathering the views of the researchers they fund or employ, to inform and improve the organisation’s approach to and progress on implementing the Concordat.
- Produce an annual report to their governing body or equivalent authority, which includes their strategic objectives, measures of success, implementation plan and progress, which is subsequently publicly available.
What we are doing at Leeds:
- Ensuring support for ECR development is championed at the highest level through the ECR development steering group
- Holding regular ECR development action group meetings with ECR reps and ECR champions to report to the steering group
- Holding open meetings for researchers to meet with senior leaders
- Running a researcher survey to help undertake our gap analysis
- Published a 4-year action Concordat Implementation Plan setting out our plans for ECR support
- Ensuring we comply with the Concordat reporting and governance including annual reports, progress updates and maintaining our HR Excellence in Research Award