Participate in the University of Leeds Research Culture Crucible programme, open to all academic, research and support staff, and postgraduate researchers.
The aim of the Research Culture Crucible is to bring individuals from all roles together to work on projects aligned to our 5 Research Culture Themes:
- Personal Development, Reward and Recognition
- Open Research and Impact
- Responsible Research and Innovation
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Research
- A Collegiate and Supportive Environment
As well as the benefits to research culture, the programme is a good opportunity for personal development:
- To develop an understanding of initiating and maintaining collaborations
- To gain experience of team projects and pitching ideas
- To have an opportunity to consider your role in building our research culture
- To meet other individuals with a similar interest
What is Crucible?
This Crucible has secured some funding from the recent Research England allocation to support research culture initiatives. At the end of the Crucible, teams will have an opportunity to pitch ‘project ideas’ to a panel to receive a small amount of funding to progress their ideas. We anticipate funding 5 - 6 projects of around £5,000.
The programme consists of a series of 3 workshops. It includes a mix of facilitated sessions, speakers and time to collaborate. You will build teams and develop ideas into small workable projects or outputs that will influence cultural change at Leeds.
Workshops run on:
- Monday 13th February 9.30 - 1.00
- Monday 27th February 9.30 - 1.00
- Monday 6th March 10 - 12.30
- Monday 13th March - deadline for project proposals
If you want to find out more about the programme and what to expect, we will be holding an information session:
- Monday 23rd January 10 - 10.30 (via MS Teams)