Organisational Development and Professional Learning provide a range of personal and professional development support for postgraduate researchers both in development opportunities and ‘behind the scenes’ in co-ordinating provision across the campus. You can contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunities for all PGRs: OD&PL provide provision in the area of personal development, the ‘Foundations in Teaching Programme’, provision on research ethics and academic integrity, academic writing and publication and support for the stages of the research degree including mock Viva provision. We continue to develop pedagogy for personal and professional development and we also provide bespoke events such as an upcoming ‘PGR crucible’.
- Tailored support for cohort doctorates: OD&PL offer wide ranging support and development provision for doctoral ‘cohort’ programmes at the University such as CDTs and ITNs. We support the writing of professional development aspects of research funding bids and then deliver bespoke professional development activity for successful bids.
- Platforms: OD&PL create content and maintain the self-directed professional development resources of the Leeds Doctoral College Organisation in Minerva. We also create Leeds specific postgraduate research content for LinkedIn Learning and manage the Doctoral College Collection in LinkedIn Learning. (OD&PL also provide the University wide support for LinkedIn Learning).
- Doctoral College Showcase: OD&PL run the competitions in the annual Leeds Doctoral College showcase; Postgraduate researcher of the year; Research Poster; Three Minute Thesis and research image competition.
- ‘Behind the scenes’: OD&PL organise and chair the Researcher Development Co-ordination Group supporting all services who provide postgraduate researcher support and provision to work in a co-ordinated and strategically supportive way. RDCoG is a group of the University ‘governing’ postgraduate researcher committee The Graduate Board. We represent PGR development on Graduate Board and on its associated sub-group the Postgraduate Researcher Development Steering Group. Finally, we run the Leeds Doctoral College Forum for staff led by the Dean of the Doctoral College exploring and debating the important issues in postgraduate research with Directors of Postgraduate Research and all University staff that support postgraduate researchers.