The following professional services at the University of Leeds provide training and development activity and support services for postgraduate researchers. These links will take you to each of the respective services websites for further information.
The careers centre website is packed full of helpful resources including making applications, writing an academic CV and looking for work. They can also offer:
- A range of specific careers events aimed at researchers.
- A wealth of resources to give you an insight into different academic and non-academic job roles and tips to help you break into different career sectors.
- If you would like a one-to-one discussion, please make an appointment with your faculty consultant.
Disability Services are a central team with a range of specialist staff working with disabled students and their academic departments to recommend available support and adjustments.
Leeds Doctoral College
Within the Doctoral College there are seven faculty graduate schools. Your contact will often be with them.
Overseeing all postgraduate research study, the Doctoral College:
- can help and advise you on a wide range of issues
- coordinates services available to you, including through the Library, the students’ union and the Language Centre
- offers academic and professional training, networking opportunities and careers advice
- keeps you in touch via a monthly newsletter
- assures the standard of your research experience
IT Website: Research Computing Training
A range of courses available to postgraduate researchers in High Performance Computing (HPC) and software development (SWD).
The Language Centre offer a range of provision to support postgraduate researchers including courses to help with your academic English language development. They also offer Core Language Skills courses and workshops, and one-to-one writing consultations.
The Library has a range of development opportunities to help postgraduate researchers through the Researcher@Library teams, including open access, research data management, literature searching and increasing citations.
Organisational Development and Professional Learning
Organisational Development and Professional Learning (OD&PL) supports postgraduate researchers provision through the Researcher Development and Culture team, and the Student Education Team
Student Counselling Service
The student counselling service are here to support you at times of any emotional, psychological or mental health difficulties. We welcome students of any age, class, ethnicity, faith, belief, culture, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Leeds University Union
LUU are here to support postgraduate researchers, helping you to keep a healthy work-life balance, stay connected with other PGs and find support for your studies when necessary.